If you are looking to make kitchen remodeling plans on account of the fact that your kitchen lacks storage space then this article may just be what you need. In the interest of saving money, you may want to try the following storage tips or include them in your kitchen design.
- Prepare specially labeled containers for keeping spices. These should fit easily in a drawer, as it is the ideal place to keep spices in their prime condition.
- Buy long square stackable containers to use on flour, pasta, sugar, and assorted dry goods. Square containers maximize storage space.
- Install separators in your drawers to better organize the contents.
- On the inner side or cabinet doors, install hooks, racks, or even a kitchen towel holder in order to properly use every available space.
- Install wire baskets that attach to shelves. These are good for kitchen design and can be used to store several things.
- The area underneath the kitchen sink should be used only for cleaning agents and other cleaning supplies.
- Place shelves upon blank walls so long as it does not get in the way.
- Consider getting a portable kitchen island. Not only will this save space but you can wheel it out in case it gets in the way.