When making NYC kitchen remodeling plans, you may want to reserve a spot in your kitchen for a chest freezer. Most people do not even consider the benefits of owning a chest freezer. While we all know that a regular upright freezer gives us enough space to store our food, a chest freezer can actually be more convenient and save you some money in the long run.
A chest freezer gives you much more storage than an upright freezer and is usually more energy efficient as well. If you plan on purchasing a new freezer for your NYC kitchen remodeling, be sure to find out about all your different options and what advantages each one has to offer.
When it comes to freezers, you should consider different factors like, the capacity, the energy efficiency, and the price. You should also find out if the freezer has an auto-defrost setting. The following will be a short list of the key differences between a chest freezer and an upright freezer.
- They normally come with side insulation that lets the freezer retain its temperature for longer periods while being more energy efficient.
- They tend to last longer than upright freezers and are also much cheaper.
- Large space can allow very large or odd shaped items in the freezer.
- They come with wire baskets for better organization and segregation.
- Easier access to food, no need to bend over to find things.
- More flexible storage solutions make it easier to locate food.
- Consumes less space and will blend in more easily with kitchen.
If you are the kind of person who is making NYC kitchen remodeling plans to make their kitchen more efficient rather than stylish, then a chest freezer may be the most practical solution for you.