Bathroom remodeling is the second hardest kind of renovation you can go through. The first is kitchen remodeling. However, you may be interested in knowing that there are ways to remodel a bathroom without having to spend a lot of time and money. Making superficial changes on the surface of your bathroom is one such way. Below are a few ways to remodel a bathroom without spending too much time or money.
- Choose shower and bathtub liners. Although they are temporary solutions at best, these can look appealing when used properly.
- Prefabricated shower stalls can save a lot of time and money.
- For flooring, you might want to try sheet vinyl. This is available in countless designs and is very easy to install as well as durable.
- You can save some money on labor by painting the bathroom yourself. Most bathrooms walls are covered by mirrors, tiles, showers, tubs, shelves, etc. Likely, you only have a few square feet of space to paint.
- Since this type of bathroom remodeling focuses more on covering up rather than replacing. You can try using easy-to-install wainscot. Wainscot can do wonders for changing the look and feel of your bathroom and it is also a great way to cover damage along the wall.
- Avoid making any alterations to the plumbing. You will need a plumber to change the position of fixtures like the sink and this costs money.
This kind of bathroom remodeling can make big changes to your bathroom but the layout will remain the same. This is usually done to as an alternative to expensive renovations but it is a great way to make your bathroom more functional and to improve its atmosphere.