There was once a time when dishwashers were considered as luxury appliances that would not normally find a place in the average man’s kitchen remodeling. Nowadays, the dishwasher has changed into something that all kitchens must have, as it is a valuable timesaving tool.
There are various models of dishwashers available along with several different features as well. Some are also more energy efficient while others come in different finishes and designs. Here are few things to consider when looking for a new dishwasher for your kitchen remodeling:
- Dishwashers have different capacities. An 18” dishwasher is ideal for 2 or 3 people while a 24” one is more suited to handle the dishes of 6 to 8 people.
- You will also have to choose between different dishwasher types. There are built-in dishwashers, portable dishwashers, countertop dishwashers, etc.
- It would also be in your best interests to purchase an energy efficient dishwasher for your kitchen remodeling. Look for features like the quick wash; extended low-water cycle; and timed settings just to name a few.
- You might also be interested in getting a dishwasher with a garborator to avoid having to prewash dishes before placing them into the dishwasher. For extra convenience, look for dishwasher models with a self-cleaning filter.
- Ask about the dishwashing cycles available. The usual cycles would be light, normal, pots & pans, or economic settings. There are other cycles available depending on the unit. Be sure to get a dishwasher with features you see yourself using often.
- Miscellaneous things to keep in mind include the noise level of the dishwasher; the stacking features; special slots for cutlery, baby items, glasses; and child-locks just to name a few.