Along with the kitchen, the bathroom is one of the most difficult rooms to remodel. There are many factors to take into account such as the layout, design, and the plumbing just to name a few. The finished results of bathroom renovation will be worth all that work though and will make a lasting impression for the remainder of your stay within your home.
To manage NYC bathroom remodeling, you will have to look up what you can about what to expect and plan out everything while taking an active role throughout the whole ordeal.
Here are a few tips on what to expect when the remodeling begins.
- You have to realize and understand that while your bathroom is being done, there will be moments wherein the main water supply to your home will be switched off. Be sure to take note of all these moments and find out how long it will last.
- Be sure to ask about what is happening at all times and make it a point to be informed of any problems that arise.
- Be sure to prepare copious amounts of water for drinking as well as cooking.
- Have all your laundry and dishes finished ahead.
- If you are good friends with your neighbors, you may want to ask for their permission to use their facilities from time to time.
- Leave buckets of water next to the toilet to fill up the tank so as to be able to flush.
NYC bathroom remodeling will usually need the services of several specialists – a plumber, an electrician, a carpenter, and a flooring expert; which of these specialists you will need will be determined by the scope of work you have in mind. You have a choice of looking for each of them individually or, as most people would do, find a contractor to manage all of them.
Contractors will normally have their own team of specialized workers ready and will also have knowledge in all the necessary NYC bathroom remodeling prerequisites; they will also take care of all the necessary permits and will share with you some suggestions on what needs improvement as well as keep everything within schedule.
When looking for a contractor, get different quotes from many contractors to make sure you find the one you’d like to work with as well as the ideal price for the remodeling. Do not pick a contractor based solely on price, you should pick the one you see eye-to-eye with in terms of taste and will provide quality service.
Do not hesitate to ask as many questions as you’d like with your contractor; NYC bathroom remodeling is, after all, a very big investment and you should make sure your money is spent well. Communication is very important and asking the right questions will ensure everything goes on without a hitch. Here are a few questions you should definitely ask your contractor.
- How can they guarantee quality service which will last?
- How long will the water supply be left off?
- How will they manage getting rid of old fixtures as well as any debris from demolition?
- Is the current water supply adequate for the fixtures to be installed?
- Have all the necessary paperwork and regulations been dealt with?
Be sure to always be informed every step of the way. Ask about all the materials to be used and find out their delivery dates and how it reflects on the working schedule. As aforementioned, be sure to make it a point to be informed of any delays or setbacks so as to make any preparations for them in advance.