Making NYC bathroom remodeling plans is the perfect time to try out something new. For those with small bathrooms, a combination shower tub unit may just be the practical choice. These will give you the luxury of a tub with the practicality of a shower stall all while saving space within your bathroom.
When designing your bathroom with a combination shower tub unit in mind, you will have to decide between installing enclosed sliding doors or shower curtains. The following will be a short list of the advantages and disadvantages of both options.
- They are much easier to install and are cheaper too.
- They come in more designs allowing for greater flexibility when decorating your bathroom.
- They are a lot easier to clean since they are removable and are also easily replaced if they are damaged.
- Switching shower curtains is a great way to change the entire look of your bathroom especially if you have matching sets of bathroom accessories.
- They might make small bathrooms seem even smaller by restricting the view.
Enclosed sliding doors
- These are permanent structures so are much more sturdy and secure.
- They provide a more modern and seamless look.
- They are more visually appealing as the bathroom will not feel too cramped if the doors are see-through.
- Maintenance can be tricky, as it tends to accumulate soap stains and calcium deposits.
Since you are including a tub in your NYC bathroom renovation, you may want to reserve a storage space conveniently within reach for leisure items such as magazines, music players, or scented candles for long relaxing baths.