We all dream of a bedroom remodel that will not only make it more comfy, but as sophisticated, and as high-end looking as possible. What better way is there to wake up in a room that will make you feel like a king or a queen, right? However, when faced with budget and space limitations, it these dreams often stay in our heads. For people who only rent a place in the city for example, how can they make the most of a renovation is they cannot even put a nail in their apartment? How can they achieve a total bedroom makeover if they cannot even attach a headboard to their beds? So what if someone tells you that you can actually do this on a rented place, for less than $50? Yes, it is possible. Read on to learn how you can transform your bedroom for less than 50 bucks:
- Materials – This inexpensive bedroom remodel requires cheap materials that are easy to find everywhere. First you need to large cardboard sheets, at least 60 inches long and 42 inches wide. You will also need two different sheets of fabric that are big enough to cover the cardboard, and with colors that match your sheets and pillows. Next, you need a spray adhesive, a strong tape, glue, and picture hanging strips.
- Cut the cardboard into headboard patterns – You will need the two pieces of cardboard as a bigger and a smaller cut out of a particular headboard shape. You may search online for headboard shapes as there are loads of them! Get your bed’s measurements and make sure the headboard will fit perfectly. Remember that the cutouts are practically the same, but the other one needs to be smaller.
- Cover it up – Now cover up the larger cut out with the lighter shade of fabric. This will become the back piece. Use some spray glue to attach the fabric to the board. Next, cover up the smaller cardboard with the darker or brighter fabric.
- Attach the pieces together – Attach the two cardboards together with some strong glue and let it dry for a while.
- Attach the newly made upholstered cardboard headboard to your wall – Finally, attach your new headboard on the wall on top of your bed using some strong picture hanging strips. Fluff up your pillows and arrange them properly for a brand new, sophisticated look!
Doing a bedroom remodel, or any remodeling project for that matter is complex and can be really costly. It is through smart ideas like this that homeowners get to achieve a sophisticated and stylish look despite the limited budget. Sometimes, resourcefulness really does the trick. So gather up those materials now and give your bedroom a brand new, stylish look for only a few good dollars.